Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

This past weekend was packed with fun plans with friends...just how we like it.  On Saturday, I dropped Bonnie off at the Good Dog Hotel and Spa while Brent ran a mini marathon and then headed to South Bend for the Purdue game.  I had the Book Babes "Bring Your Daughter/Sister/Mother to Book Club" day in Kendallville later that afternoon.  I've known the women in my mom's book club forever and really don't see much of them anymore, so I was really looking forward to catching up.  No pictures to be had, unfortunately.

On Sunday morning, Dad, Brent and I headed to Noble Hawk for a round of golf.  I found that you don't lose all your skills after not playing for 2+ years, but it's not exactly like riding a bike.  There was a lot of "Crap, where's my ball?!" followed by "Just drop one in the fairway" from all three of us.

Brent and I went to Chicago on Sunday evening where we met Jonathan, Megan and Jonathan's brother for dinner at the original Morton's Steakhouse.  Pretty nice!  Great meal, great convo, great time.  They just moved to Schaumburg and we hope to see them later in October (as well as maybe hit the IKEA, please?).   






We stayed at the Hilton Suites on Michigan that night and had a very relaxed Monday morning - breakfast at the Original Pancake House and shopping at The North Face.  Remember that fleece I lost on the wine trail?  Taken care of.  I wanted to wait until Christmas, but there's just too much tailgating between now and then.

Onto the main event - rooftop tickets to the Cubs' game!  These tickets have been a Groupon deal on the Chicago email several times, and a few months ago I pulled the trigger.  Along with our ticket came an all you can eat, all you can drink afternoon.  Laura and Dave met us for the afternoon game and drove us up to Wrigleyville.  What a great way to spend a perfect Labor Day!  The weather was absolutely perfect and the rooftop experience was definitely one that I think we'll do again. 

 






Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Iam Prabhu from chennai,joined today in this forum... :)