Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Farm Fresh, Chemical Free!


We recently started using Farm Fresh Delivery - a local service that delivers organic produce to your door once a week.  We just got our second delivery tonight, consisting of: onions, sweet corn, peppers, okra, oranges, zucchini, pulots, kale, tomatoes, strawberries, and grapes.  Definitely enough produce for the both of us to get all our servings in for the week, and at a price that is probably lower than I would pay at Marsh for regular produce.  I've been really concerned about pesticides and genetically modified organisms lately, and this is without even watching Food, Inc.  I'm sure that when I do finally watch that documentary I'll be ready to start our own dairy farm and raise cage-free chickens.  I cannot even imagine how much we would suck at that.  

For now, I'm starting with baby steps...and I may get crazy and start on the organic milk soon.  At least one gallon, since I have a coupon.  :)  Since we're now eating all organic produce, I didn't think it made any sense to continue to put a can of Diet Coke (and aspartame and phenylphelene) in my body everyday.  I haven't researched this, but I have heard that our bodies don't know how to process the artificial sweetners and end up storing it in our bones.  And then it eats away at our bones.  SICK!  This is all very unscientific (could even be from an email forward for all I know), but what I DO believe is that it's just not good for me...calorie free or not. 

So, the point of this post wasn't to be a downer or to be preachey about what's good and bad for us, but I did just want to rave about Farm Fresh Delivery!  I really couldn't be more pleased.  They deliver to almost all of the Indianapolis metropolitan area, so check them out and compare some prices.   




Photobucket

5 comments:

ashley said...

ohh how i wish we had that service! that ounds great! and i too feel guilty when i check out at kroger with my organic produce and peanut butter passion ice cream! it's all about baby steps, right?

Bran ♥ said...

i wish we had that service here too! i would DEFINITELY use it!
and just so you know... i love organic milk! i don't think that you can tell a difference and it lasts much longer than regular milk :)

Stormy said...

Em and Em have gone organic milk. Along the way, one of their doctors told them it was well worth the money.

Emma and Greg said...

Good for you pretty lady :) Im super jealous though, that would be an awesome service to have 'round these parts :) And fyi, we've been doig organic/all natural milk, fruits, veggies, peanut butter, meat, and even sugar and flour for sometime now and we really love it :) We do, occasionally partake in the DQ blizzard though... Delicious! Anyway, good luck and keep going you can do it! :)

Anonymous said...

Even better than Food, Inc. is Michael Pollan's book "The Omnivore's Dilemma." It's a deep dive into what we should eat and why.