Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

We just spent a week in Estes Park with our dear friends the Bigelows.  We had a perfect mixture of relaxation and activity.  Even though I'm always glad to come home from vacation and get back into the swing of things, a big part of me didn't really want to leave the mountains.  For a long time I've been trying to choose between my two roads diverged in a wood, and everything seemed so clear in the mountains - like God created them just for me.  I think standing on top of a mountain helps you appreciate both the enormity of the Earth and all its creatures but also the care and detail that God has put into each of our individual experiences.

I hate to diverge too much from my attempts at a witty vacation post, but I must post some of the lyrics of "Rocky Mountain High".  They seem to be written just for me.  John Denver, you were a wise man. 


     
He was born in the summer of his 27th year
Comin' home to a place he'd never been before

He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
You might say he found a key for every door
 
 

He climbed cathedral mountains, he saw silver clouds below
He saw everything as far as you can see



And the Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
You can talk to God and listen to the casual reply
Rocky mountain high
 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments: