Monday, February 23, 2009

A Wild Week...

Our bedroom furniture is in! We ordered it from Direct Buy, so that means we had to figure out how to get it home ourselves. We also only had five days to move it out of their warehouse before paying a fee each day, and our five days would have expired tomorrow. So guess what we did tonight? We rented a U-Haul, lured Chris to our house with the promise of Pizza King, and hefted eight boxes (equivalent to 700 pounds) of bedroom furniture up a flight of stairs. It took several attempts and almost an hour to pivot a very large dresser up the stairs, which prompted a Friends' flashback or two..."Pivot! PIVOT!"...but we did it. Well, the boys did it. I was there for my mathematical mind and mad angle-examining skills. Boys like girls with skills.


Here are some pictures, but for now I'm off to study for an Operations Strategy exam (after we return the U-Haul...because the fun never ends). I really had my heart set on making a King Cake to help celebrate Mardi Gras in class tomorrow night, but the furniture pushed it off the list. Plus, I'm fresh out of little plastic babies.






This is as put together as it will get for now...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

ooooooo can't wait to see it!!

Anonymous said...

the PIVOT episode is one of my faves :) my family makes references to that all the time!

good work....i bet it will look great :)

ashley said...

OH i can't wait to hear how the putting it together goes! my fingers are crossed that brent is a handy man! :) and yes the pivot episode of friends is a classic! :)