Sunday, June 3, 2012

Trip to Indiana - Part I

I've already posted about Jack's baptism, which was one of the main events of our recent trip home.  What I haven't mentioned yet is our Indy festivities in the couple of days leading up to the baptism, so travel back in time with me while I recap...

We flew into Indy on Friday afternoon and headed downtown first to pick up the race packets (but not before a quick stop at the airport Patachou for some cinnamon toast to go!).  Brent ran the mini for his sixth consecutive time and I gracefully wussed out this year.  Long distance running just hasn't made it into my schedule this spring or summer, but give me a 5k any day!  I hope to be back into it by next year.

We carbed up with the Sinders again this year (I love how we manage to keep that up despite 1100 miles between us now) at their house.  This was Brent's first time meeting Owen and Olivia, and my first time getting to squeeze their sweet cheeks!  Carbing up is so much more enjoyable when you don't actually have to run the race the next day, for the record.  


 

The Mitchells joined us for dinner - a special bonus!  





Jack jumps away in the jumperoo while we wait for the locksmith to arrive.  Yup, that's right, I locked the keys in the trunk of the rental car that night.  Smooooth.  I really started to panic when the car we had been upgraded to was smart enough to tell that the door had been jimmied and wouldn't allow the trunk to open...and when the locksmith handed me a flashlight and a hook and told me to "go fishin'!".  


"Yo Gabba Gabba...we can't look away..."

We had a great evening with great friends and wish we could do it much, much more often!      
 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I wish we could do it much more often, too! It was so great having you guys here!