Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Good Ole Rocky Top"

Christmas catch-up blog:

On Sunday morning (the 23rd) Brent and I continued our marathon Christmas and loaded up the car again - destination: Knoxville, Tennessee. We visited Offbeat America along the way, stopping in Metropolis, IL to see the giant Superman statue and dining at the famous Patti's 1880 Settlement near Paducah, KY.







The best part about Patti's is that they bake their bread in flower pots and serve it with strawberry butter. Another great part is that it is officially in the South, which means that Sweet Tea flows like water. Mmmm-mmmmm.

We opened gifts on Christmas Eve day, ate lunch at Connor's Steakhouse, and then loaded up the car again for the final time. I was bound and determined to make it home for our Christmas Eve service at church, and that we did. In fact, we were an hour early because I got the time wrong. Whooops...sorry, Brent. The church was packed and the service was so nice. I loved seeing 700+ cnadles lit around me at the end while we sang Silent Night. The moment the clock strikes midnight while our candles are lit is always the one moment when I know it's Christmas. I have loved the midnight Christmas Eve service since I was a little girl and probably always will.

Grandma Hazel opening her gifts


We drove down to Monument Circle during our hour wait for church






Brent and I opened our gifts on Christmas morning and shared a quiet first Christmas together at home. Santa was good to us this year as usual! We are lucky!

No comments: