Monday, November 19, 2007

Mid-November Review


Rocking out to music in the basement - always made better by great costume accessories


With Lori's little Shitzu Sadie - Sporting her Flamin' Hearts sweater


Cornhole with bird boots


This is going to be a short blog because I'm tired and just want to snuggle up in bed and watch The Hills. However, it has been quite some time since the last blog so I thought the least I can do is catch you up on our weekend if you are interested. Last week was Veteran's Day, so we enjoyed a day off work and I remembered our veterans by....shopping. I am sorry - I really and truly appreciate the sacrifice made by our service men and women - after all, I DO work for the military AND I watched every installment of The War AND Saving Private Ryan recently, BUT it was very convenient to get some shopping done while crowds were at a minimum.

The big project this week was making Brent's surprise cornhole set for his birthday. A big thank you is in order to Justin Sinders who cut out the holes in the boards while Rachel and I talked and kind of sanded. Thank you, Sinders! I made a final push to get the set at least in working order by the Oaken Bucket game, which did happen. Brent's birthday is not until the end of the month but I think he was glad we got to play this weekend.

After the football game we headed for Effingham where we spent Saturday night and Sunday visiting my Grandpa and Grandma Pillers, Mama, and Lori and fam. Grandpa has been sick lately so please keep him in your prayers.

I promise I'll have a more entertaining blog later this week with pictures from our upcoming Free Fry night at the Chet, Thanksgiving, BLACK FRIDAY!!! (as Big Lou so excitedly proclaims), and Drew's shower. Phew - I love the holiday season...so many fun things to do!

No comments: