Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Yes, I'm Still Here!"

I find myself saying this a lot lately.  And, "Nope, no baby yet!"  




The last belly picture?  Maybe?  
I really don't feel this big and am always surprised when I see the picture.  


How far along: 39 weeks

Total weight gain: 28 pounds

Maternity clothes:  Of course.

Feeling: It's Week 39 - so I'm not above a little whining now.  I'm dragging, I'll admit it.  I'm only able to coax myself into the car each morning with the promise of a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  The girls at Starbucks know me well.  It's year end at work and Brent and I have both been working a lot.  Should the baby want to come before I have to work this weekend, I won't be overly disappointed.

Sleep: I'm up a couple of times a night, but as long as I can keep my hands from falling asleep, it's pretty good.

Food cravings or aversions: Nothing in particular, just everything in large quantities.  Everything I see looks good!

Appointment Update:
I had my first check last week at the 38 week appointment.  Brent came with me since he hadn't been since our ultrasound.  We were surprised that I was 2.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced, and apparently so was the doctor.  She said, "I'll be shocked if you're still pregnant past next Tuesday!"  Well, it's next Tuesday.  My expectations were set so well before, so don't mess with my mind!  I go back again tomorrow and based on the isolated contractions I have each day and consistent cramping, I'm expecting more progress.  Which, of course, means nothing.  :)


Movement: Consistently feeling the baby each day, but it's slowing down.

Gender: Getting very close to knowing!

Labor Signs: Lots of them.    

What I miss: My wedding ring.  Having feeling in all my fingers.

What I'm nervous about:
 Nothing at the moment.


What I'm looking forward to: Meeting the baby!

Milestones and new this week: The baby weighs over 7 pounds now and is almost ready to be born!  



Photobucket

No comments: