Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ding!

I think we can all hear the oven timer going off except for the baby.  Or in reality, the baby may be choosing to ignore it.  Brent and I could probably use a laid-back little pumpkin in our lives.  :)


Another belly picture, eh?  I'm not even going to jinx myself by suggesting this could be the last one.


I'll spare you all the canned update categories, because frankly I'm boring even myself with those.  Here's what's happening:

1.) I'm still working.  Tomorrow was going to be my last day but now I'm a little up in the air because of some new stuff that came up with year-end close.  At any rate, I won't be back next week regardless of whether the baby's here or not.  You can only hear "You're still here?!" so many times a day for so many days before you know it's time to throw in the towel.  Today was pretty fun though.  While I ride up and down the elevator over the course of a day, I'm usually asked at least three or four times when I'm due.  Today, it was awesome to say "Today!" and really get some wide-eyed looks.  One man guessed my due date to be Halloween - God bless him.   

2.) I've gained 31 pounds now, so it's time to stop keeping track.

3.) There wasn't much change at my appointment today - the baby is still very low and there hasn't been any change in dilation past the 2.5cm and 80% effaced.  I had my membranes stripped in hopes of stirring things up.  Maybe my maternity workout capris are just too tight, but I have had different twinges and pains tonight, making me hopefully that something could be in the works.  I'm not holding my breath though.

4.) I have a 41 week appointment scheduled for next Tuesday and will be thinking about a possible induction date.  I'm not ready to give it up yet, but know that it's something to start thinking about.  It seems like a lot of pressure to schedule your child's birthday!  The very latest I'll be pregnant is 42 weeks - or October 11th.  That's what we DO know with some certainty.  Oh my....sounds like a long time from now.  :)

 


Photobucket

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You've done an amazing job of growing your baby for this long! Can't wait for the arrival!

Emma and Greg said...

You can do it Linds! :) You are almost there! PS: you look pretty darn great for a woman who is almost 41 weeks... KUDOS! Take care and cant wait to hear if its a boy or a girl :) Love and miss you!

Bob and LouAnne said...

9/30, Lima Bean, come on, you can do it.......right?