Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So Long, Farewell...

I've got a lot to catch up on, folks.  I just skipped right over all the awesome farewell parties that were thrown for me in Indy, the cross-country drive that Bonnie, Brent and I took to move, and some fun things we've done in Colorado.  Silly as it may sound, these blogs feel like they're hanging over my head a little bit.  So I am going to do my best to publish them soon so I can finally move on with my life.  Like I've said before, I have a flair for the dramatic...not drama.

In my search for a catchy title, I googled "farewell songs".  Here's a Top 10 List for Goodbye Songs for friends.  Some of these bring you back, eh?  Like The Graduation Song?  How that was 10+ years ago just blows my mind.  Or the Boyz II Men jam - I think that was on the first CD I ever played in my awesome disc man...circa 1994.  I'm old, yo.

1. The Graduation Song (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C
2. It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday by Boys II Men
3. Photograph by Nickelback
4. Don’t Forget To Remember Me by Carrie Underwood
5. Don’t You Forget About Me by Simple Minds
6. I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
7. Home by Michael Buble
8. 100 Years by Five For Fighting
9. Leaving On a Jet Plane by John Denver
10. See You On the Other Side by Ozzy Osbourne

Regardless, I used nothing from these songs in the title.  You can see that.

In my last few weeks in Indianapolis, I had three wonderful farewell parties thrown by co-workers and friends.  I only have pictures from one, but I'll talk about the rest.

I had been with my current team at DFAS since July, and I have to say that I loved working with them all.  My boss, lead, and team were all truly wonderful.  It was a team of all men and one wonderful lady, Joyce, when I joined.  My lead, JW, was always especially supportive of me and for my farewell he convinced all the systems teams I supported to send a gift to my party.  It was so, so sweet.  We went to lunch at Scotty's Lakehouse upon my request for a burger and Ball jar full of sweet tea.  Heaven.

Later that night, my girlfriends from the Ex-BKD Girls' Club threw another little party at Christi's.  We had lots of different appetizers and Christi made two Bosco sticks for me.  Does anyone else remember these little gems from high school?  They're breadsticks filled with cheese.  So simple but so delightful.

On the Wednesday of my last week at DFAS, several dear co-workers and friends put together a Farewell Party/Baby Shower and invited co-workers from every department where I've worked.  It was so great to see everyone one last time before I come back in November to shamelessly parade my sweet baby through the office.  Here are all the pictures I got from Becky...instead of getting a group picture we seemed to just take individual shots, so you're going to see a lot of my green dress...    


The lovely Megan.  She and Christa were the first LIMs ever assigned to me when I was a brand new supervisor.  They always humored me.  :)

My coffee friend Cassie - who you know I love because I posted this blurry face picture anyway just so I could talk about her.  Cassie INSISTED that we do this party even when I was hedging about having a fuss, and I'm so glad she did.
Rickie - the Call Center analyst who kept me sane.  If I had a dollar for everytime we looked at each other in disbelief and started laughing, I wouldn't be working right now.  He is one great character!   

Yay Christa!  Christa humored me so much that I was able to convince her to work for me again in the Call Center, and then she ended up staying on as an accountant permanently!  I had so much fun with this gal over the last several years.   

Dave and Kathy - my A/R parents.  Kathy was my lead in the Call Center and Dave worked across the hall in another division.  Kathy saved me numerous times and I don't know what I would have done without her. 

The Keim ladies - Joan was the first person I ever worked for at DFAS, and her daughter Kristie was my other Analyst in the Call Center at the time I moved on.  Fun ladies!!

Ms. Leah - this trooper was with me (and DFAS) all of about four days when I told her that I was moving out of Travel and that she would get a new supervisor.  She must not be too ticked at me still.  ;)


I didn't get individual pictures of Alli and Katie, but here they are!  I'm sorry to overlook you wonderful ladies! 

The old Travel crew reunited, and most likely making fun of Sean.

"What's that, Min?  You are looking for a house in the Geist area?  Well it's funny you should mention that...I know of a house you can buy...."

Yeah, that's really what we were talking about.  Oh how I wished he had taken the bait.  I even promised a year of free lawn care. 


And last but not least, another party organizer and provider of the pictures - the awesome Becky.  I wish I could meet her for a coffee again tomorrow!
 



Cassie's parents make cakes, and she told them she just needed a basic sheet cake for the party.  Here is what she got.  I think that it says, "Goodbye, good luck in Denver, and congrats on your Peep baby" perfectly.  SO cool...I could not stop cracking up about their basic sheet cake.  Thank you again, Cassie!


Thanks to everyone, if you're reading this, for making my last days in Indianapolis so sweet.  I truly have some wonderful friends and it makes me smile to think of you all.  I miss you!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Awww, Lindsey we love you too!!! It was fun to get together. I miss morning coffee :( I hope everything is going well for you in Denver, and I can't wait to meet your little bean! Btw, I loved seeing your baby pictures he or she looks so perfect already.