Friday, May 13, 2011

20 Weeks!

This is a big week, folks!  It was our ultrasound week!  Our appointment was yesterday afternoon and all went well.  We have a perfect, healthy baby in there.  It is unbelievable to think there's another full set of internal organs, a spine, a brain, etc in my body right now!  Weird.

Here are some ultrasound pics.  I think they're great, but I'm biased.





The arm bone's connected to the shoulder bone

Looking at us


How far along: 20 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain: Six pounds.  I'm not sure if it was all the big eating I did at training last week or if the baby had a growth spurt, but I think I've caught up.

Maternity clothes: Some pants and a few tops.  After wearing maternity pants for the first time I seriously wondered what took me so long.

Feeling: Okay.  I had some round ligament pain spring up on Monday that seems to be a lingering annoyance, but hopefully some of the stretches we did at yoga on Wednesday will help.  Think that walking 13.1 miles last weekend has anything to do with that?  Duh.

Sleep: Also just okay.  I've been waking up on my back a lot, which makes my back hurt.  I never sleep on my back so I don't know why I keep flipping now when I'm not supposed to!
Food cravings or aversions: Salt and vinegar chips.

Best moment of the week:  
The ultrasound, of course.

Movement: Really nothing since I felt the baby flutter for a few days in week 16.  I asked about it at my appointment and apparently the placenta is in the front and I won't feel anything for awhile longer.  Interesting, I've never heard that.
Gender: Our ultrasound today revealed that....it's a.....















baby!  We're still team green.  Sorry for your disappointment.  We do stuff like that just to annoy you.
Labor Signs: n/a

What I miss: I'm a little sorry that I didn't get to partake in ski season.  And I am really just throwing that out there because I can't think of anything else.  (besides beer)

What I'm nervous about: Nothing now that our ultrasound was fine.
What I'm looking forward to: Nothing really at the moment.
Milestones and new this week: Baby is the size of a cantaloupe and is swallowing.







Photobucket

1 comment:

Emma and Greg said...

Awww! Your little LimaBean is beautiful :) and very photogenic too! love and miss u!