Wednesday, April 21, 2010

#84 - Visit all the Presidential libraries

I was able to check another Presidential library off the Life List on our recent road trip to Houston.  We made Little Rock the halfway point on our way to see Purdue play in the NCAA regional game against Duke. 





The replica of President Clinton's Oval Office



Here I am in the Secretary of Defense's chair in the Presidential conference room, which is positioned to the left of the President's seat.


George Bush Presidential Library & Museum - College Station, TX
Jimmy Carter Library & Museum - Atlanta, GA
William J. Clinton Presidential Library & Museum - Little Rock, AR
Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum - Abilene, KS
Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library - Ann Arbor, MI
Gerald R. Ford Museum - Grand Rapids, MI
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library & Museum - West Branch, IA
Lyndon B. Johnson Library & Museum - Austin, TX
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum - Boston, MA
Nixon Presidential Library & Museum - College Park, MD
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum - Simi Valley, CA
Harry S. Truman Library & Museum - Independence, MO


Phew, still lots of libraries left on that list!  The Michigan ones should be easy, but the others might take a little more work.  Why, oh why didn't I visit JFK's library when I visited Mel in Boston a few years ago??  It's possible that I still had a little bit of cool left in the summer of '08.  Gone now!  The library tour is ON!  If you're interested in joining me, I'm sure Brent wouldn't mind sitting out a library or two.  Consider it - you know you want in. 




Photobucket

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So fun! My husband will be excited to learn that there are other Presidential museum geeks out there. Hey - he has some connections at the Ford in Grand Rapids...if you're ever in town maybe we can get you a private tour :) (Yes, that's an invitation to visit us!)

Anonymous said...

LINDS! This is Mel :)I am so sorry we didn't do this!! Good news is I am available to go back to Boston with you any day between now and forever. So, just let me know. Thanks.

Sidenote: The derby? I think the ball has really dropped there....