Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Weekend Update

Since we're now ready for another weekend, I guess I need to update the blog with last weekend's activities. I swore to myself I would be a better blogger this summer...so I guess it's good that it's still June and I have time to redeem myself!
Last Friday I picked up chicken salad on croissants and potato salad from the Illinois Street Food Emporium in Broad Ripple and we headed up to Conner Prairie for the opening night of Symphony of the Prairie. Mom, Dad and Stormy met us and we enjoyed a great picnic supper (including the great strawberry cake from The Bagel Station in Fort Fun) while listening to the musical stylings of ABBA: The Hits. Mom, Stormy and I went down to the stage to dance at the end - Bob and Brent would have rather sat in a dentist's chair.





These very blonde, fair children were actually from Sweden. I think. Notice the Swedish flags...very cute.
On Saturday we went to the wedding of Emily Moeller and Scott Harding. Emily and I met on our European adventure during Jan Term of 2004 and Scott also attended Manchester. Fun fact - Brent and I also work with Scott now and see him often in our building of 4,000 people! Their very nice reception was held downtown at the Skyline Club downtown.
The bride and I in Vienna

The bride and I on top of the Eiffel Tower...it was windy up there!

It's fixin' to storm somethin' turrble here! I must go now and prepare for the next fun weekend...which includes a grill-out tomorrow at our house with the Sinders' and spa appointments on Sunday when Big Lou and Stormy's Farewell Tour comes through the Circle City. Check this link on Sunday or Monday for an update on the tour. It promises to be entertaining!

And because I am already yearning for a new episode of The Office, I leave you with another classic line...

Today's a very special day for me. And it's really not about me. It's about my grandkids, it's about my great grandkids... I can come back here when I'm one hundred and I can find that piece of cement and say, "That's me. Look kids, your daddy left that face hole." I dunno. It's a good feeling. Michael Scott

1 comment:

Emma and Greg said...

LINDIZZLE! Your hair is short and I love it! :) And yes I will update the blog... its just been very hectic and I hurt my back... can you say old woman-dot-com! :) love and miss!