Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"That's Amore"

Brent and I celebrated a belated Valentine's Day since I was gone last week. Flowers and a card were waiting for me when I got home and I presented him with a Cubs' souvenier from O'Hare that was purchased during my layover in Chi-town. I am just the best wife, aren't I? So much thought and preparation...but he liked it, and in my mind every day is Valentine's Day! haha

On Sunday night we went to St. Elmo Steakhouse for dinner which was just so fun! If you've already heard this story, prepare to be bored, but if you haven't you'll think it's maybe cute. The first time Brent and I ever met was almost a year before we both started at BKD. The firm had a dinner for all the students who had accepted offers. Brent and I sat across the table from each other at St. Elmo's and shared a shrimp appetizer. I remember him as the boy who loved the hot cocktail sauce so much that he ate it by the spoonful long after the shrimp was eaten. Apparently Brent went home that night and told his roommate (our best man) that there was a girl at dinner who was really flirting with him. (Who, ME?!?!) I didn't remember Brent as the Cocktail Sauce Boy when we first started working, but we do count that as the first time we officially met. It had been more than three years since we went to the restaurant (which is basically about as often as we can afford it), so it was really special to go back and enjoy a great meal.

We've had some excitement recently as we learned that there would be an article in The News-Sun about our wedding. Okay, so maybe it was mostly excitement for Mom and I. The article is entitled "That's Amore" (how appropriate). I knew my 15 minutes of fame was coming, and was hoping that it wouldn't end with the 30-second news clip of me dancing like a fool at the office Christmas party on the Channel 8 News this year. In the article, my name is Lindsey Pillars-Stevenson and Lucy and I are cousins. Hahahaha, I love that. I bet some people were just as surprised by that as I was, since Lucy's family owns the paper! I really appreciated the article but I wanted to clear up those two things for anyone who maybe saw it (anyone? anyone?) When an electronic copy is posted to the KPC News website I'll throw it on the blog. Pretty cool!


Mmmmmmm, 32-oz. prime rib


I hated asking the waiter to take our picture in such a nice restaurant...so we were creepy and just took pictures of each other.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Lindsey, I'm pretty sure I remember you telling me about the meet-and-greet at St. Elmos three years ago over glitter pens and stickers. Who knew?! :)

Anonymous said...

Look here

Rachel said...

Yum! Glad you enjoyed your dinner. Who cares if it wasn't exactly on Valentine's Day!

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Love the story! :)