Monday, October 22, 2007

Retail, Running, and Reunion!

As I type this belated post the sounds of men watching the Colts' game on a new big screen TV fill the downstairs of our house and I can smell Pizza King...ohhhh, delightful Pizza King. Brent has been stalking TVs for the last two years and finally found the perfect one on Friday. The details are lost on me, but I've heard something about a Toshiba 46" flat screen LCD Regza breaker-breaker-one-nine-somethin somethin. He loves it and that's all that matters.

We enjoyed having a duo of lovely houseguests this weekend from up north - Laura and Becca! Laura and I ran the Lawrence Mini Marathon on Saturday, which was the true reason of the visit, but we turned it into more of a shopping/eating thing - like everything should be. It seemed like everytime I talked to Laura this fall she had just squeezed an 8-mile run in before work that day, and her hardwork paid off as she got a great time on Saturday and didn't walk at all!! My training was lacking - or nonexistent - and I finished quite a bit after her. The good news - I was so far behind that she had time to go get the car and pick me up after the race. Thanks, Laura!

Post race, Becca and I took off for Castleton and bought our fall bulbs at Costco, purused Barnes and Noble, and tried on every dress at Macy's. We met Kirby, Megan and Laura at the Cheesecake Factory for a late dinner and had a wonderful time.

This weekend was Pledge Sunday at church, which wasn't too eventful except that I guess it's tradition to treat the congregation to a music extravaganza to make it a little lighter, and the music was wonderful. You know people hate talking money at church, because the message is always "We need more!", but it must be done. After church we played tennis and did all those Sunday chores like laundry and grocery shopping that don't even deserve a mention they're so mundane.
Okay, I need some blogging audience participation now. Brent and I are going to a Halloween party on Friday night, but we're costume-less!! And it's in 4 days! Here are our (okay, my) ideas....please send a comment and vote on your favorite! Also, suggestions on how to actually pull these costumes off would be helpful.


1. Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken



















2. I Dream of Jeannie - Jeannie and Major Nelson


3. Dwight and Angela (this one seems pretty easy to pull off for me...maybe just a cardigan, a bun, and a stick up my...eek!)


4. George and Jane Jetson



2 comments:

Bob and LouAnne said...

Dwight and Angela, of course. Brent can give out Schrute bucks, and I'll drop off this stuffed calico cat to play the part of Sprinkles

ashley said...

my vote is also for dwight and angela! it seems like it has the most potential for the most laughs! :)