Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Long Afternoon of HGTV

My cousin, Megan, and I were texting back and forth a couple of weeks ago and discussing our move when she said, "Your life is like one big episode of HGTV right now!". So true. I was planning on doing a really cutesy post comparing our life to different home improvement shows, but since I've only done one post thus far in January it's probably best to just give a no-flare update before things get any crazier here!

Brent and I spent the long weekend in Denver to find a place to live. We looked at ten houses, two apartments, and drove 370 miles (and never left the Denver metro area). By the time we were waiting in the Dallas airport during a three hour layover, we had made the decision to go with a short term lease at an apartment in Golden. It has an attached garage and is right next to several running trails, plus it's quite a bit cheaper than any of the houses we looked at.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have been frantically trying to get our house ready to list. The goal is to have it done by next weekend, but we'll see. A stager came to our house last Monday and didn't leave until we had a list of 85 things to change/improve. I wish I was kidding. There were a few things that we crossed off right away with a big NO WAY, like replace the kitchen countertops, kitchen sink, and bathtub upstairs. The other 82 things are in progress. I'm trying to take before and after pictures of each room, so I'll post those as soon as we get a room finished!

That's a very quick update, but I'll try to be a better blogger in the coming weeks!




Photobucket

No comments: