Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent Thanksgiving in Kendallville again this year.  Brent's parents were in Knoxville with Larry's family, so we caught up with them the next weekend.  I think the best part of this year's Thanksgiving celebration was spending it with Lori, Bay, MaMa, and Uncle Jeff.  It's not very often that we get to spend it with extended family because of distance, but they all made the trip up and I'm so glad they did. 



"And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen."
Terri Guillemets

Two of my three favorite men.




The results of our annual Black Friday shopping.  We were "aggressive, but friendly" as always, but I have to say that this might be my last year for awhile.  We always go for the experience and rarely have any big ticket items in mind.  Normally the crowds don't bother me because I have the proper expectations, but I was almost sent over the edge this year.  I won't rule it out, but I think it's going to take a pretty good deal to get me out of bed next year.

WAIT - I remember now why I was on edge.  It probably has something to do with this lil' critter...


...who whined and paced between our air matress and the door ALL NIGHT LONG on Thanksgiving night.  Yeah, that could be why I was a little crabby.


I was in charge of snacks and breakfast food for Thanksgiving Day/Friday, and here's a recipe I'd like to share with you.  This is a perfect and easy appetizer to take to a party.  It's from Annie's Eats, of course. 



 



Photobucket

No comments: