Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Leftover Turkey Recipe

I'm working on a real blog update, I promise, but for now I want to get this recipe out to you.  It's pretty time sensitive, since you probably only have another good day or two left with your turkey scraps before they start to go skunky on you.

Here's a little casserole I threw together tonight that was a big hit at my house.  I added a single leftover chicken breast in my dish, but it would be equally great, if not better, with turkey.  The best part is that this can be  improvised based on your available fresh veggies, made possible by the miracle that is Cream of Mushroom soup.  You could put rolled up balls of newspapers in this dish and probably not even bat an eye.




Leftover Turkey Casserole

2 cups cooked turkey (or leftover cooked chicken breast)
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups sliced carrots
1 diced onion
1 cup frozen peas (or 1 can of peas) I didn't use in my recipe, but they were missed!
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

Boil potatoes, carrots, and onion until tender. Drain most of the water but leave a little bit so it mixes well with the soup.  Add turkey, peas, and soup.  Mix gently and spread in glass baking dish (9x13 or smaller). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.




Photobucket

No comments: