Sunday, June 13, 2010

Making the Cut Finale

My 30 days are up and all the workouts have been checked off the schedule.  Did I Make the Cut?  Eh, I wouldn't say I'm ripped.  But I would say that I'm in the best shape of my entire life, between this strength training and all the running this spring.  I fell off the food wagon the last two weeks and didn't lose the weight I had hoped.  My goal was ten pounds for the month, and I lost five.  Hey, better than gaining five, right?   

It wasn't particularly fun, but I will say that I'm glad I did it.  For me, it was easy to get the workouts done, but following the meal plan exactly was next to impossible.  I tried to alter it with lunch options that worked for me instead of the new recipe you had to prepare each and every day for lunch.  That is just not practical if you're working or have a life.  By the third week, I let some bad habits like sweet tea, McDonald's ice cream, and eating out creep back into my life and didn't really lose any weight past that point.  Is that telling or what?

All of my skinny clothes now fit again and I notice more definition in my arms, shoulders, and legs.  Another benefit is that I think I have a better idea of what I should eat and at what times of the day.  Dinners should be lean protein and veggies, and my breakfasts should be more substantial than what I would normal eat.

I highly recommend giving the program a try if you're even considering it, because the 30 days will pass regardless.  Why not be a little thinner when they're over?  I think that Jillian's methods are the real deal.  They fall in line with other things I've heard/read and it provides you a way to have a diet/workout plan that is sustainable. I feel more confident and am really happy to fit into things that were too tight last summer.  I'm down to my wedding weight and hope to use this experience as a good base to drop the last 25.  I bought a Groupon for a $39 bootcamp that runs the entire month of July, so I'm excited (as excited as you can be for bootcamp) to see what else can be done with this bod by the end of the summer. 

Here are the final results:

Total Weight Lost: 5 pounds
Total Inches Lost:
  Upper Arm - 1"
  Bust - 2"
  Waist - 2"
  Hips - 3" (must have been all those squats)
  Thigh - 1"
 
Tomorrow I will be posting my favorite recipes from the program, ones that have made their way into our weekly meal schedule.  WARNING: Your significant other will lose weight, too.  If your SO is a tall, willowy runner, you might want to always make a box of pasta to supplement your dinner (and try hard not to eat it yourself). 
 
The clothes in the washing machine are calling.  Happy Sunday!


Photobucket

2 comments:

ashley said...

great job lindsey!!! i'm sure it was a lot of hardwork and 5 lbs is a great accomplishment! :)

Megan said...

You go girl! Maybe I should give Jillian a shot...although her snarly lip and eyebrows sometimes give me the creeps. When you have two children it's nearly impossible to work out regularly so I'm thinking eating better is my only hope of getting back into my pre-preggo pants. 30 days doesn't sound too overwhelming. I think you may have just talked me into it. Go you!