Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Weekend 2014

What's this?  A new blog post?  Say it ain't so.  I have grand visions of catching the blog up at some point and maybe that will happen - but for now I'm just going to write what I can and not make any promises to myself.

We had a very fun family weekend this Father's Day and had some fun plans mixed with relaxing.  Brent took Friday off and he and Jack went hiking in the morning while I tried to catch up on some house cleaning.  Then we spent the rest of the morning together at the pool.

On Saturday we went to breakfast at Toast and then headed into the mountains to watch the Evergreen Rodeo parade.  We thought Jack might like a parade and yep, he was a fan!

Evergreen Rodeo Parade!




A perfect parade-watching spot


Finally, the marching band!




The only bummer about our perch on the rocks - red shirt man in every photo.



On Saturday evening Brent and I caught a show at Red Rocks very unexpectedly.  We had a babysitter lined up so we could go out to dinner, but when we realized that O.A.R. and Phillip Phillips were at Red Rocks that night we bought some tickets and were in!  I'm not sure why it's taken us three years to go to a concert there (wait, I do know exactly why) but it was fantastic!



These lyrics from "Home" were so poignant to listen to with my new home sprawling down below:
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm going to make this place your home





Today we made Brent a delicious breakfast, showered him with gifts, went to church, and grilled meat for dinner.  Father's Day - making Mother's Day look complicated since the beginning of time.




Photobucket

No comments: