Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Festivities and The Daily Grind

Hey friends! Hope you all had a great Easter. We did! We went to Kendallville on Saturday morning and spent the rest of the afternoon coloring eggs, hanging around, and making trips to Wal-Mart/Scott's to retrieve items for Easter dinner. Big Lou made us homemade fries for dinner, which is something I had been looking forward to for days. Honestly, it's the little things, right?

We went to early church at Trinity and then headed home to make the Easter meal. Stormy and Nick joined us and we had the traditional fare. I think we've had the same meal for the last 10+ Easters, and when I heard that the cheesy potatoes might be replaced by potatoes au gratin this year, I have to say I was a little sad. Good news - cheesy potatoes live on and the tradition remains.

Here are some Easter pics...


Maddie is ready for her houseguests to leave...


Other than that, no news is good news, right? I just turned in a paper to all but finish up my Tuesday night class, and all that's left for Thursday night is a presentation and a test. Then...three weeks off. Yeeeeeesssssssssssss. Brent's downstairs working right now and from the sound of it Bonnie must be tormenting him by running behind his TV. He just hates that.

I think I'm so boring this week because I haven't been able to talk to anyone in what feels like AGES!!! My phone was dropped for the 18th and final time on Saturday. I can hear emails coming in, but can't see them. It's for the best anyway, because I shattered the screen a few weeks ago and everytime I went to type my fingers would start to hurt...what with the tiny shavings of glass digging into my skin and all. Oh insurance company, I would like to make my first claim, please! I have three more days to wait, so if you need to chat...send me an email and I'll call you from Brent's phone. I've already purchased a hard case for my next Blackberry. :)

Off to finish up the Biggest Loser and get to bed. I cannot wait...

P.S. - I just realized that the dog is in every picture. She's the closet thing we have to a white rabbit, so this must be her holiday to shine...

2 comments:

ashley said...

i'm in agreeance - you need your phone fixed stat. i need me some lindsey phone/chat time! can't wait to catch up soon! :)

Lindsey said...

I KNOW!!!! Soon, very soon. I want to hear about Audrey's first Easter!