Sunday, August 30, 2009

Now That's Just Good Writing!

So yesterday I tried to think of some of my most favorite song lyrics of all time. Then I had to ask myself if I really liked the words themselves, or if it was more the song (or even the point in the song when the lyrics are sung?). At any rate, here are my favorites as of right now:

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know...that I am the Luckiest.
"The Luckiest" - Ben Folds
(pretty much love all the lyrics to this little gem)

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow,
don't be alarmed now, It's just a spring clean for the May Queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on. And it makes me wonder.
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin
(I think you know why I love this one.)

You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over, and it's been all over you
"Beautiful Day" - U2

Well it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
"Moondance" - Van Morrison

A song of you comes as sweet and clear
as moonlight through the pines
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see the road leads back to you
"Georgia" - Ray Charles

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.
I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
Theyll learn much more.....than Ill never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world
"What a Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong

Well, I keep on thinkin' bout you, Sister Golden Hair surprise
And I just cant live without you; can't you see it in my eyes?
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind
"Sister Golden Hair" - America

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that its done
I hope you dont mind
I hope you dont mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while youre in the world
"Your Song" - Elton John


What are YOUR favorite lyrics?? I would love to hear them!


Brent is standing behind me, tossing out the lyrics he thinks are the best. I keep hearing things like "Hail Purdue!", "Anything by Guns 'n Roses!". I told him to write his own post. Maybe this guest writing thing will become a little more frequent!



Speaking of writing, my friend Lucy was here this weekend for a journalism conference downtown. I picked her up yesterday night and it meant that I got to enjoy the Rathskellar's Beer Garden one more time before the end of the season. We met Brent for dinner at Fionn MacCool's - yummy!



Congratulations to Ashley and Gordy who welcomed Baby Beau on Wednesday! The Ex-BKD Girls' Club is excited to meet him! Ashley, if you're reading this, please send pictures (if you don't mind your child plastered on the internet) so I can update!